Welcome to the second annual Library Love Challenge hosted by Angel’s Guilty Pleasures and Brooke Blogs! This is my first year hosting, and I am so excited to take part. Libraries have been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember. I work at my local public library as the teen & children’s program specialist. Libraries provide so many incredible resources such as:
- Books! Paperbacks, hardcovers, eBooks, and audiobooks.
- Entertainment! Lots of libraries offer DVDs, BluRays, Video Games or Board Games for checkout as well.
- Programs! Most libraries provide a wide variety of free programming for all ages.
- Resources! Need to use a computer, research a paper, or apply for a job? You can do all of this and more at your local library.
- Technology Help! Have a new eReader, but aren’t sure how to use it? Many libraries will help you learn how to use eBooks.
- And more!
And one of the best parts of all…nearly all of the resources and materials available at your local library are free or low cost. You can save tons of money by borrowing books, movies, and CDs, and even video or board games. If you love libraries as much as we do, we would love to have you join us in celebrating and supporting libraries!
Runs: January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join any time.
- Put a sign-up post on your blog or dedicate a Goodreads shelf or LibraryThing and link it below. Make sure it’s public.
- Grab the 2018 Library Love Challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate~you can track on Goodreads or LibraryThing as well!
- The goal is to read at least twelve (12) books from the library, but you can read more. While twelve is the minimum, there is no maximum limit. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you.
- Any format will work for this challenge (print, ebook, or audios); as long as you checked it out from the library, it counts.
- Books can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller, horror, etc.).
- Crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed, including re-reads. The goal is to support your local library and save money.
- As an added bonus: We are offering up a GIVEAWAY with this Challenge. Winner will be picked at the end of the year!! The entries are the direct links to your book reviews and you will have until January 3rd, 2019 to enter your reviews in the linky and then the Rafflecopter. Write a review to enter the giveaway – 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences.
Go here to enter the giveaway: 2018 Library Love Challenge Review Link-ups.
- Dewey Decimal: Read 12 books
- Thrifty Reader: Read 24 books
- Overdrive Junkie: Read 36 books
- Library Addict: Read 48 books
- Library Card on Fire: Read 60+ books
Join the Goodreads Group Library Love Challenge, where we talk, share, and discuss the books we read during the 2018 Library Love Challenge.
Grab the Button!
Enter the link for your sign-up post!
That’s it! I’m looking forward to a great year full of lots of awesome reads from my local public library. I can’t wait to follow along with your progress as well. Make sure to comment below and let me know you’ve signed up!
107,584 total views, 71 views today