Bomb Blast: A Thriller
by Solange Ritchie
About Bomb Blast
Bomb Blast: A Thriller
4th in Series
Middle River Press (February 24, 2023)
Paperback : 206 pages
ISBN-10 : 1946886432
ISBN-13 : 978-1946886439
Digital ASIN : B0BWZH8M65
In the fourth novel in the Dr. Catherine (Cat) Powers series, top FBI forensic pathologist and special agent Dr. Cat Powers is called as two Syrian-born bombers wreak havoc on “soft targets” in the United States.
Starting with the New York Stock Exchange, these bombers are intent on causing as much murder and mayhem as they can. As their bombing spree takes them cross-country, Cat is appointed the eyes and ears of the president of the United States. Teamed with Special Ops and bombing expert Sam Patterson, Cat must figure out who these bombers are, what their motives are, who is funding them, and ultimately, if they can be caught. As the bombings become more violent and deadly, Cat and Sam are in a race against time to catch these savage killers before they kill again.
Will they succeed or will the bombers avoid detection and escape?
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
18 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 1/2 cups)
2 teaspoons fine sea salt
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons corn oil, plus additional for oiling the bowl
1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
12 ounces deli sliced part skim mozzarella
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
8 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
One 28-ounce can whole San Marzano tomatoes, crushed by hand
Grated Parmesan, for topping and garnish
1. Mix sugar, yeast and 11 ounces room temperature water (about 80 degrees) in a bowl and let bloom for 15 minutes. Combine flour, salt and cream of tartar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Once yeast has bloomed, add to dry ingredients along with corn oil. Gently combine with a rubber spatula until a rough ball is formed.
2. Knead on low speed with the dough hook for 90 seconds. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and proof until doubled in size, about 6 hours. Punch down and let dough settle for 15 more minutes.
3. Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
4. Coat bottom and sides of a 12-inch cake pan or traditional Chicago style pizza pan with melted butter. Using your hands, spread out about three-quarters of the dough across the bottom and up the sides of the pan (save the remainder for another use). Cover entire bottom in mozzarella, all the way up to the edge. Cover half with a thin, even layer of raw sausage. Cover the other half with the pepperoni. Top with a couple handfuls of crushed tomatoes. Spread out with hands to the edge. Sprinkle top evenly with grated Parm.
5. Bake, rotating halfway through, until golden around the edge, about 25 minutes. Let rest for about 5 minutes, then either gently lift pizza out of pan or just cut your slice out of the pan like a pie!
About Solange Ritchie
BORN ON THE BEAUTIFUL TROPICAL ISLAND of Jamaica to a Jamaican father and a French mother, Solange Ritchie (then Solange Levy) immigrated to the United States at age eleven. Since then, she has become a dynamic force for change. Fed up with thrillers that start with a fizzle and longing to see more powerful women as lead characters, Solange decided to create her own characters. Despite the demands of a busy legal career, she accomplished her ambitious goal by rising each morning to write before work, dedicating her weekends to writing, and even spending her vacation time writing. Solange is fortunate to have traveled to over 19 countries in her lifetime.
Words have always been Solange’s passion – now so more than ever.
Solange achieved a successful writing career while doing “last minute trial,” mostly in Southern California. Dubbed “the Case Saver,” Solange handled intense legal motions that either make or break a case, especially in the areas of business, labor, and employment law. In 2014, she received the State Bar of California’s Solo and Small Firm’s Section’s highest award, the Myer J. Sankary Attorney of the Year Award. It is given to only one attorney each year in California.
When Solange was just thirty-seven years old, her first husband, John, died due to gross medical negligence at a leading Southern California hospital. This life-altering experience helped shape her into the person she is today. She began writing creatively to deal with the stress of his hospitalization and his death.
Solange’s first psychological thriller, The Burning Man, featuring FBI forensic pathologist Dr. Catherine “Cat” Powers was published in 2015. Her second novel in the series, Firestorm, was released to critical acclaim, on May 15, 2018. Dying Declaration is the third novel in the Dr. Catherine “Cat” Powers series. Bomb Blast is Solange’s fourth novel in the series. Solange plans at least two more books in the Dr. Catherine Powers series. A fan of things that go bump in the night, Solange has also penned a Southern Gothic novel called Fiona’s Box, which will be released shortly.
Solange lives in Southern Florida. She enjoys traveling, writing, gardening, time with her family, as well as good food and conversation. Solange is available for speaking engagements. She especially enjoys talking with book clubs. To receive her Sunday blog post, Notes from Solange, just go to her author website, www.solangeritchie.com, and leave your e-mail address. Nothing negative or political is ever posted. Her author website, www.authorsolange.com, includes a blog, reviews, recipes, events, and the latest on Solange’s adventures. Solange welcomes your comments, reviews, and suggestions, and invites you to contact her at:
Author website: https://www.authorsolange.com/
Legal website: http://solangeritchielaw.com
Purchase Link – Amazon
June 19 – Brooke Blogs – SPOTLIGHT WITH RECIPE
June 20 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – REVIEW
June 21 – FUONLYKNEW – SPOTLIGHT WITH EXCERPT
June 21 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
June 22 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
June 23 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
June 23 – Carla Loves To Read – REVIEW
June 24 – Indie Author Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
June 25 – StoreyBook Reviews – CHARACTER GUEST POST
June 25 – Guatemala Paula Loves to Read – REVIEW
June 26 – Christy’s Cozy Corners – CHARACTER GUEST POST
June 27 – #BRVL Book Review Virginia Lee – SPOTLIGHT
June 28 – Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT WITH EXCERPT
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?