On Tour with Prism Book Tours.
Famous in a Small Town
(Slippery Rock #1)
Paperback & ebook, 306 pages
May 1st 2017 by Harlequin Superromance
Lifestyles of the small-town famous
Forced to leave Nashville after a scandal, Savannah Walters has come home to Slippery Rock, Missouri, with a bruised ego and her singing career in jeopardy. As if that isn’t humiliating enough, on her way into town she’s rescued by her swoon-worthy childhood crush, Collin Tyler.
His hands are full running the family orchard and dealing with his delinquent teen sister, so Collin doesn’t need to get involved with someone as fiery and unpredictable as Savannah. But the intense attraction between them can’t be denied. And when disaster strikes, they’ll both be surprised by who’s still standing when the dust settles.
Collin’s Tips for Dating a Country Singer
(From Collin’s POV) Dating a country singer is work, guys. Not as hard as, say, picking an orchard full of apples on a 90-degree day, but work all the same. These women are self-centered, high maintenance. . . and worth every second. So, if you’ve got the chance to date a Nashville beauty? Take it – but keep in mind, the road is going to be bumpy.
1) Don’t go for the flash. Have a dusty old pickup truck? Pick her up in that – not a shiny convertible. She’s used to the flash – she’s been in Nashville a while, remember? – she’s not used to reality. So give her a good dose of reality. Trust me, she’ll thank you later.
2) Keep the dates simple. Take her to a farmer’s market, or fishing, or just drive around some old backroads for a while. Show her what a small town has to offer, and why you’re different from every flashy, Nashville type she’s been dating for the past few years.
3) Keep it light. She’s used to people staying on the surface, and you don’t know just what she wants from you, so until you do, keep things light. Flirt with her, be good to her, but keep your heart guarded. She’s from Nashville, and chances are she’ll go back to Nashville sooner or later.
4) She’s staying? Pull out all the stops. Seriously, every last one of them. You’ve likely already told her how you feel (and if you haven’t, what are you waiting for?), but now is your chance to show her what she could have. Sure, life in a small town will be different from her life in Nashville, but you can make it work. Just look at me and Savannah – if we can do it, so can you!
About the Author
Once upon a time, Kristina Knight spent her days running from car crash to fire to meetings with local police–no, she wasn’t a troublemaker, she was a journalist. Her career took her all over the United States, writing about everything from a serial killer’s capture to the National Finals Rodeo. Along the way, she found her very own Knight in Shining Cowboy Boots and an abiding love for romance novels. And just like the characters from her favorite books, she’s living her own happily ever after.
Kristina writes sassy contemporary romance novels; her books have appeared on Kindle Best Seller Lists. She loves hearing from readers, so drop her a line!
Other Harlequin Superromance Books by the Author
And coming July 2017, also in the Slippery Rock series…
May 13th: Launch
Becky on Books
The Silver Dagger Scriptorium
It’s All About the Romance
Christian Suspense Author Mary Alford
underneath the covers
Hearts & Scribbles
Author Kimber Li
Nicole’s Book Musings
Granny Loves to Read
Deal Sharing Aunt
Thoughts of a Blonde
May 19th: Grand Finale
– 1 winner will receive a Prize Pack with a signed copy of FIRST LOVE AGAIN, swag and other fun items
– Prize pack for US residents only, if international winner is pulled then they will receive a $25 gift card instead
– Ends May 23rd