College freshman Liv is more than just a fangirl: The Starveil movies are her life… So, when her favorite character, Captain Matt Spartan, is killed off at the end of the last movie, Liv Just. Can’t. Deal.
Tired of sitting in her room sobbing, Liv decides to launch an online campaign to bring her beloved hero back to life. With the help of her best friend, Xander, actor and steampunk cosplayer extraordinaire, she creates #SpartanSurvived, a campaign to ignite the fandom. But as her online life succeeds beyond her wildest dreams, Liv is forced to balance that with the pressures of school, her mother’s disapproval, and her (mostly nonexistent and entirely traumatic) romantic life. A trip to DragonCon with Xander might be exactly what she needs to figure out what she really wants.
Top 10 songs that remind me of All the Feels Characters
There are so many AMAZING songs out there, but a handful really capture the feel of a piece of writing. Even more special than those are the songs that seem to tap into the character I’m writing about. If I’m having writer’s block, the lyrics bring me out.
Here are my top ten songs that remind me of All the Feels characters!
Liv Walden: Vidder and perennial Starveil Fangirl
1. “Amerika,” Wintersleep. “I don’t wanna wave goodbye / Shout out a thousand times / I’ll love you ’til the moment dies / What am I gonna do? / I can’t survive on my Amerika / If the worst is true / Is it just a waste of time?”
2. “Breathe” (acoustic), Anna Nalick. “There’s a light at each end of this tunnel / You shout ’cause you’re just as far in as you’ll ever be out / And these mistakes you’ve made, you’ll just make them again / If you only try turning around”
3. “Stressed Out,” Twenty One Pilots. “Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days / When our momma sang us to sleep but now we’re stressed out”
4.“Trip Switch,” Nothing but Thieves. “Trip Switch Make a wish and I’ll count to three / Press the button and we’ll both be happy / Sending signals is a dirty trick I get my love in a digital package”
Xander Hall: Liv’s BFF and Steampunk cosplayer extraordinaire.
5. “Fool for Love,” Lord Huron. “Gonna fall in love I’m gonna live my life with her / You know I bet he’s not so tough / Ain’t afraid of him cause I’m a fool for love”
6. “Hand Clap,” Fitz and the Tantrums. “Somebody save your soul ’cause you’ve been sinning in this city, I know / Too many troubles, all these lovers got you losing control / You’re like a drug to me, a luxury, my sugar and gold / I want the good life, every good night you’re a hard one to hold”
7. “Stolen Dance,” Milky Chance. “And I want you / We can bring it on the floor / You’ve never danced like this before / We don’t talk about it / Dancin’ on do the boogie all night long / Stolen paradise, shouldn’t talk about it”
8. “Shyer,” London Grammar. “I’m feeling shyer and the world gets darker / Hold yourself a little higher / Bridge that gap just further / And all your being / I’d ask you to give it up / Oh ancient feeling love / So beautifully dressed up”
“Granola” Hank: Hiker, Social-activist, possible boyfriend material.
9. “Do You,” Spoon. “Do you want to get understood? / Do you want one thing or are you looking for sainthood? / Do you run when it’s just getting good? / Or do you, do you, do you, do you”
Captain Spartan / Tom Grander: Starveil star / Hollywood A-list Actor.
10. “What Kind of Man,” Florence and the Machine. “And with one kiss / You inspired a fire of devotion that lasts for twenty years / What kind of man loves like this?”
All the Feels Soundtrack: Spotify
1. “What Kind of Man”, Florence & The Machine
2. “Carry On”, Coeur de Pirate
3. “Prayer in C” (Robin Schulz Radio Edit), Lilly Wood & The Prick & Robin Schulz
4. “Breathe (2 AM)” (Acoustic Version), Anna Nalick
5. “Fool for Love”, Lord Huron
6. “400 Lux”, Lorde
7. “Do You”, Spoon
8. “Hurricane”, MS MR
9. “Love Love Love”, Of Monsters and Men
10. “How Could you Babe”, Tobias Jesso Jr.
11. “Third Eye”, Florence & The Machine
About the Author
Danika Stone is an author, artist, and educator who discovered a passion for writing fiction while in the throes of her Masters thesis. A self-declared bibliophile, Danika now writes novels for both adults (The Intaglio Series and Ctrl Z) and teens (Icarus and All the Feels). When not writing, Danika can be found hiking in the Rockies, planning grand adventures, and spending far too much time online. She lives with her husband, three sons, and a houseful of imaginary characters in a windy corner of Alberta, Canada.
The first book in Danika’s upcoming Tathagata series (Edge of Wild) was selected as a quarter-finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel of the Year Award (2013). Edge of Wild (Stonehouse CA) will be released March 2016. Danika’s YA novel, All the Feels (Macmillan US), will be released June 2016.
Ms. Stone is represented by Morty Mint of Mint Literary Agency.
1,838 total views, 4 views today