This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking the link, I will receive a small commission from the sale, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Brooke Blogs!
I received this book for free via the Book Tour. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my voluntary review.Source: Book Tour
by Ann Myers
on Tour November 20 – December 31, 2016
Holly, jolly, and downright deadly—the third Santa Fe Café mystery unwraps surprises both naughty and nice… It’s the most picturesque time of the year in Santa Fe, and Chef Rita Lafitte of Tres Amigas Café hopes the twinkling lights and tasty holiday treats will charm her visiting mom. Rita is also planning fun activities, such as watching her teenage daughter, Celia, perform in an outdoor Christmas play.
What she doesn’t plan for is murder.
Rita discovers a dead actor during the premier performance but vows to keep clear of the case. Sleuthing would upset her mom. Besides, there’s already a prime suspect, caught red-handed in his bloodied Santa suit. However, when the accused Santa’s wife begs for assistance—and points out that Celia and other performers could be in danger—Rita can’t say no. With the help of her elderly boss, Flori, and her coterie of rogue knitters, Rita strives to salvage her mother’s vacation, unmask a murderer, and stop this festive season from turning even more fatal.
Genre: Cozy Mystery, Christmas
Published by: Avon
Publication Date: October 25th 2016
Number of Pages: 352
ISBN: 0062382322 (ISBN13: 9780062382320)
Series: Santa Fe Cafe Mystery #3
Feliz Navidead Can Be Found on: HarperCollins 🔗, Amazon 🔗, Barnes & Noble 🔗, and Goodreads 🔗.
Five things you don’t know about me, by Rita Lafitte
Hi, I’m Rita Lafitte. You probably already know that I’m into my forties (how did that happen?), divorced (I know how that happened), and the proud mother of a teenage daughter, Celia, whom I love whether her hair is dyed bright blue or jet black. I’m also a chef at Tres Amigas Café in Santa Fe, New Mexico, my adopted hometown.
My post-divorce dating moratorium didn’t last long, not after a hunky lawyer named Jake Strong started tipping his Stetson toward me. That’s no secret. Nor are my culinary temptations. I can’t resist cheesy chiles rellenos or chocoflan, the most magical chocolate cake with flan and caramel on top. My octogenarian boss and friend, Flori, taught me those delicious recipes and more.
Flori’s also an unstoppable amateur sleuth. I suppose I am too, reluctantly. It’s not as though either of us want to get involved with murder and mayhem. Each time we’ve had to step in to help family or friends. But you probably know that too.
So here are some things you might find surprising:
1) In seventh grade I stayed home alone on a snow day and made five batches of cookies. Five! Had she realized, my frugal Midwestern mother would have been horrified at the excess. She never knew. I hid (and ate) four batches of chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, and peanut butter cookie evidence. It was my first mass bake and a joyful day…until I got a stomach ache. I never blamed the cookies, though.
2) I was second runner-up for Butter Princess in eleventh grade. I still don’t know who put my name on the ballot. Thank goodness I didn’t win or have to assume the throne! The Butter Princess has to dance at the Bucks Grove homecoming football game. Dancing! In pubic! In front of a football rowdy crowd in a butter-colored gown! You know what happens when I dance. (Hint: think crushed toes and scuffed cowboy boots).
3) If I could play one instrument like a pro, it would be bagpipes. They’re so dramatic, and I tear up every time I hear them. Although tearing up and sniffling might make bagpiping more difficult…
4) I have stolen Flori’s car keys on several occasions. For her own safety and that of the driving public, mind you. My height-challenged octogenarian friend drives a white whale of a Cadillac, punching the gas all while claiming she can’t reach the brakes. When riding with Flori, I stomp the air brakes a lot!
5) I get cold toes. I know, this doesn’t sound like a big personal revelation. But…I had cold bare toes over at Jake’s the other day, so I helped myself to a pair of his socks. I swear I wasn’t snooping. I was seeking out the thickest, wooliest footwear around. I found a great pair way in the back corner of the drawer. I found something else too. A little, round-top jewelry box with a Christmas ribbon tied around it…
Read an excerpt:
Feliz Navidead by Ann Myers is the third book in the Santa Fe Cafe mystery series. This cozy is set at Christmas and it was a joy to read. Rita’s mother is in town, and I really liked her. Rita’s daughter, Celia, is playing a devil in the outdoor Christmas play. When one of the devils winds up dead, and the others receive threatening notes, Rita finds herself embroiled in solving the mystery.
I liked reading this Southwestern-set cozy mystery. The setting was such a fun element of the story and I felt that I learned some things I didn’t know about Christmas in Santa Fe. Rita and Flori were my favorite characters. With Southwestern flair, a satisfying mystery, and well-rounded characters, Feliz Navidead by Ann Myers is a perfect holiday read.
More About Ann:
Ann Myers writes the Santa Fe Café Mysteries. The first book in the series, Bread of the Dead (2015), introduced café chef and reluctant amateur sleuth, Rita Lafitte. Rita and her friends stir up more trouble in Cinco de Mayhem (March 2016) and Feliz Navidead (October 25, 2016). Ann lives with her husband and extra-large house cat in southern Colorado, where she enjoys cooking, crafts, and cozy mysteries.
You can find Ann online on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AnnMyers.writer/ and her website http://www.annmyersbooks.com/
This is a rafflecopter giveaway hosted by Partners In Crime Virtual Book Tours for Ann Myers and HarperCollins. There will be 5 US winners of one (1) set of CINCO DE MAYHEM and BREAD OF THE DEAD by Ann Myers. The giveaway begins on Noveber 18th and runs through January 3rd, 2016.
76 total views, 1 views today
Latest posts by Brooke (see all)
- Last Day on Mars by Kevin Emerson – Review + Giveaway - February 21, 2017
- Revealing Nicola by Sam Cheever – Blast + Giveaway - February 21, 2017
- Cupid’s Caribbean Cruise #CruiseWithCupid - February 20, 2017