When Henry VII takes the throne, not all are loyal to the new king. Garter knight, Sir James, is charged with bringing dissenters to justice. Determined to fulfill his vows, he’s unprepared for Lady Elena, a girl from his past he’s never forgotten.
Lady Elena defies her family and disguises herself as a squire to reunite with the man she’s always loved. She might be able to wield a sword, but she still possesses a woman’s heart.
Thrust into a world of danger and family rivalry, James and Elena face the ultimate test.
Can James avenge his father’s death and find passion, or will his Garter oaths hold him to a life of service without love?
I am so excited to have Marisa Dillon here. She is sharing ten interesting ways that her life has changed during the three short months she went from being just a writer, to a debut author. Read on and see how life is different as an author.
By Marisa Dillon
1. I have a book with my real name one it. Marisa Dillon isn’t a pen name. I tried a few out and they didn’t seem right. My husband suggested I stick with my real name and I have to say, he was right. Thrilled, doesn’t even begin to adequately describe the feeling of seeing my name on a novel cover for sale on Amazon. I just had to gush!
2. My book is not only on sale in the US, I also found out its available internationally. Amazon has sites for France, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Spain, the list goes on and on.
3. I’m now asked to read advance copies of other author’s books. How cool is that?
4. My friends now understand those voices in my head are ok. They translate into words and finally into a novel. Whew! I don’t have to explain that any more.
5. I get to meet famous authors and talk shop. So far, I’ve met New York Times best-selling romance authors, Nora Roberts, Grace Burrowes, and Simone Elkeles. Pinch me!
6. Officially, I’ve done something only 1% of the population will ever do. No, not win the lottery, although that’s almost as rare.
7. I have a fan club, a street team, and an author platform. (Fancy term to describe lots of ways to find me in the digital and social sphere)
8. People ask me for my autograph.
9. My boys think I’m cool now. (It may not last, but I’ll take it.)
10. Cha-ching! For the first time, instead of spending money on writing, I’ll make a few bucks.
About the Author
With a degree in journalism, Marisa has spent many years writing for the television industry. As an award-winning producer/director/marketer, she has worked on commercial production, show creation, product branding and social media.
Marisa’s passion for writing began when her first-grade teacher read her poem aloud and posted it on the classroom wall. She soon followed up by writing plays for her neighborhood friends and hosting the productions in her garage.
Marisa has always enjoyed reading romance novels and now realizes a dream come true, writing romantic adventures. She lives in Kettering, Ohio, with her first love and knight in shining armor, James.
You can visit Marisa at: www.marisadillon.com. And you can connect with Marisa on Facebook.com/pages/Marisa-Dillon and Twitter.com/marisadillon and follow her on https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/10792736.Marisa_Dillon
a Rafflecopter giveaway
543 total views, 1 views today