(Sierra Legacy #2)
by Claire McEwenAdult Contemporary RomanceMass Market Paperback & ebook, 384 pagesJuly 1st 2016 by Harlequin Superromance
This is one reunion both of them could do without
This is the chance she’s been waiting for to prove she can run her family’s ranch. And despite her many doubters, Lori Allen knows she’s doing a good job. Until the man who once broke her heart—Wade Hoffman—runs her well dry! And it turns out he’s got as much to prove as she does. After serving his country, Wade’s back to rebuild his family’s reputation and win his battle with PTSD.
With so much to lose, neither can afford to give in to temptation. But to succeed they must let go of old heartache and face up to bringing out each other’s worst, along with the best. And what doesn’t kill them…Goodreads│Amazon│Barnes & Noble│Harlequin
Lori Allen, the heroine of my new book, Return to Marker Ranch, is in charge of her family’s cattle ranch for the first time. She’s been working toward this job her entire life — helping her father run the ranch since she was a kid, graduating from her animal husbandry program with honors, making big sacrifices to make sure she was ready to fill her father’s shoes when he retired.
Lori is tough and strong and ready to take on the world. But she isn’t quite prepared for how hard it is to follow in her father’s footsteps. Especially as a woman in a world still dominated by men.
Many of us feel a little lost the first time we take on a leadership role. So Lori has put together a few tips, to help us handle the ups and downs of that transition.
Lori Allen’s Ten Tips for Surviving a New Job
1) Always wear comfortable clothes. You’ve got to be ready to rope a steer, birth a calf, mend a fence or clean a mess. You can look good and be capable all at the same time. Especially if you wear your Wranglers!
2) Figure out who you can trust.
3) Remember that old employees might find new ideas frightening, but it doesn’t meant they won’t get on board if you take the time to explain what you’re doing.
4) A good dog and a good horse make everything a whole lot easier and a little more fun.
5) Cookies won’t solve your problems, but they sure can make you feel better for a few minutes.
6) Be patient with employees who are resistant to change, but if they’re downright hostile, show them the (barn) door.
7) Don’t try to be someone else. Just be true to yourself.
8) Try not to worry so much about what others think of you. What matters is doing the very best work you can.
9) It’s okay to handle many problems on your own, but for the big things, you might want to find someone you can lean on.
10) Humor helps. So do hot kisses from the cowboy next door.
Thanks for joining Lori and me here today! Just remember the three C’s — Comfort, Cookies and Cowboys — and you’ll do just fine!
The First Book in the Series(Sierra Legacy #1)
by Claire McEwenAdult Contemporary RomanceMass Market Paperback & ebook, 384 pagesMarch 1st 2016 by Harlequin Superromance
This wild stallion can’t be tamedTodd Williams is still the naive idealist he was in college. Only now he’s endangering lives—Nora Hoffman’s to be exact. Nora hasn’t seen Todd since he decided that saving the rain forest was more important than their relationship. Until the night she’s nearly crushed by the stampede he causes. Now Todd is determined to make amends, for everything.She may not agree with his methods, but even Nora can’t deny the importance of his fight to save the wild horses. With the attraction between them still sizzling and the fate of the horses in the balance, Nora must decide just how much she’s willing to risk.Claire McEwen lives by the ocean in Northern California with her family and a scruffy, mischievous terrier. When not dreaming up new stories, she can be found digging in her garden with a lot of enthusiasm but, unfortunately, no green thumb.Claire enjoys discovering flea-market treasures, walking on the beach, dancing, traveling, and reading, of course! She loves to write complex heroes and heroines, who grow and find themselves through their search for love.
1,139 total views, 1 views today
13 Responses to “Return to Marker Ranch by Claire McEwen – Guest Post + Giveaway”
Leave a Reply
Jul 06 2016
Return to Marker Ranch by Claire McEwen – Guest Post + Giveaway
On Tour with Prism Book Tours.
Sounds like even tho they’ve had a past this is going to be a nice love story. Like the premise and the horses
I very much enjoyed this guest post. The book sounds great!
I enjoyed reading the tips. They are good ones.
I want to read the book after reading the tips.
Can’t wait to read this.Sounds like a great read.
Sounds like a great book! Lovely cover :]
Oh sounds like such a great romance with many ups and downs for them. I cannot wait to read and see what happens between Lori Allen and Wade!
I love Lori’s tips! This sounds like a great story, I’m looking forward to reading it.
I love the cover because I love horses.
I like the tips for surviving a new job. The book sounds great – cookies help!!!