I received compensation in order to facilitate my review for CARD.com.
CARD.com offers pre-paid debit cards, much like you would find at Wal*Mart or other stores. Their rates are comparable as well. This is a debit card, like the one from your bank, and you can use it EVERYWHERE Visa is accepted — except it’s way cooler and cuter than your crumby old bank card.
- Free to order, activate and load
- Free app and check deposits from your smartphone
- Free direct deposit
- Free card-to-card transfers, any time, anywhere, in seconds
- No overdraft fees — never goes negative!
- Safer than cash – 24/7 support, Visa fraud protection and 100% FDIC insurance on funds
- No debt, financially responsible, no interest/credit/APRs
- No credit check and approval in seconds
- 22,000 in-network ATMs
- Thousands of cool, unique card designs to choose from, including brands like: Garfield, Popeye, Betty Paige, James Dean, Care Bears, Walking Dead, Star Trek, Autism Awareness, Breast Cancer Research, Shark Week, Where’s Waldo, Doodle Jump, etc.
The hardest part of the process? Choosing which card I wanted! They have hundreds of designs to choose from. I finally settled on a unicorn. Look how cute:
I filled out my information and waited for my card to arrive. It was shipped in no time at all! I activated it following the super-easy, 60-second activation instructions and everything was good to go! From my account, I was easily able to see my balance and find any information I needed. There is information available to print in order to have money direct deposited to your card.
The card is free for the first 30 days, and then there is a $5.95 monthly fee. However, if you meet direct deposit criteria, the fee is waived and you get two free ATM withdrawals. Click here for more information on how CARD.com works!