India R. Adams
Publication date: July 26th 2016
Genres: Paranormal, Young Adult
To say I know where this story begins is to say I remember what lifetime started it all…and why. What I do know is this lifetime is hard and cruel…maybe like the rest. That is until I meet him–the light that shines and guides me. To where I don’t know but my soul chooses to follow regardless. I believe it has done this before. I believe I will follow him…forever.
A destructive home life silently tears Serenity, a 16 year old girl, apart until her broken spirit is given a gift in the form of an old journal that sends her a visitor in the night.
Away from the sun I close my eyes
and release myself into the unknown
I hope she is there
I hope she is there…
The cloaked woman teaches Serenity that the lingering feeling of missing a part of her soul, may not be a figment of her imagination and with these words Serenity’s journey, of this lifetime, begins.
The toll on my spirit had slowly broken me down—day by day, night by night, drink by drink, hit by hit—to the limp, fragile, lost girl that Dereck Hamilton . . . carried away.
Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo / iBooks
Top Ten List:
I’m picking 10 things I love about this world. Sounds silly but I do my very best not to let the news/media depress me, and see the simple beauty that some have forgotten about. So here I go:
1. Music. Music can lift your spirits or be compassionate to your heartache… It can inspire you to live life to the fullest or simply get you up and dancing. Shaking my booty is a favorite pass time. I may look funny as hell, but I love it!
2. Flowers: The old saying, “Stop and smell the roses” is something to live by! Think about it. When is the last time you pulled your car over to the side of the road, got out, and appreciated wild flowers making your drive pretty. And if you can take the time to appreciate such simplicity, what else will you stop and enjoy? Your mom loving you and cooking you breakfast maybe? Your husband helping out and folding some laundry? Your child laughing at your dumb joke? Your car not breaking down, even though its older than dirt? See what I mean? And the more we appreciate, the more we will actually “see”.
3. Kind people: I was driving down the road and saw a woman’s car had broken down—in the middle of the street. Her expression showed how she was panicking. That is until a man—complete stranger—jumped out of his truck and pushed her car to safety. Her shoulders sagged in such relief, my eyes water. I LOVE kind people.
4. Imagination: Yes, I write, so I’m thankful for my imagination but I also mean others. Have you ever thought about the chair you are sitting in? Didn’t someone have to let their brain do some ticking? To create a way for us not to always sit on the floor? How about the people who create ways to help other people? Raise money to feed the poor… Imaginations are truly boundless if allowed to be set free. Do you give yourself such freedom?
5. Tacos: They’re tasty, crunchy or soft, open to many different garnishings and sauces, can be of beef, chicken, pork or fish, and are interesting conversational pieces—not to forget, great leftovers!
6. Ice: On a hot day, what is better than some lemonade…with ice! And don’t you love the “clink” noises they make in your glass?
7. Breeze: Laying in an open field, is mesmerizing to me but when a breeze kicks in, I’m in heaven.
8. Sun: Without it, there would be no us…
9. Family: My husband and kids make my life an absolute beautiful ride.
10. Love: I say this all the time but, I love love. It can be light…it can be powerful. It can be soft…it can be bold. It can be healing…it can cause growth…And I believe it is the secret to our existence.
India R Adams is an author/singer/songwriter who has written YA and NA novels such as Blue Waters (A Tainted Waters Novella), My Wolf and Me, Steal Me (A Haunted Roads Novel), Rain (A Stranger in the Woods Novel), Serenity (A Forever Series Novel) and also The Forever Series music.
India was born and raised in Florida but has also been so lucky as to live in Idaho (where she froze but fell in love with the small town life), Austin Texas (where she started her first book, Serenity, and met wonderful artist), and now Murphy, North Carolina (where the mountains have stolen a piece of her heart).
Being a survivor of abuse, has inspired India to let others know they have nothing to be ashamed of. She put her many years of professional theater background to the test and has written fictional stories with a shadow of her personal experiences. She says, “I’m simply finding ways to empower perfect imperfections.”
Another cause India feels needs change, is Sexual Slavery. She has joined forces with jewelers to design beautiful ways to raise money for non-profit organizations. Even though India writes about serious subjects such as domestic violence, sexual abuse, and Human Trafficking, she has a magnificent sense of humor, as do the characters she creates. Perfectly balanced between laughter and tears, her readers see how to empower their own perfect imperfections.
Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter
a Rafflecopter giveaway
1,120 total views, 1 views today
Thanks for hosting today! 🙂
Wonderful feature and giveaway. A very talented and creative author and artist. Thanks.
Great post. “Serenity” sounds like an fabulous read. Love the giveaway, perfect serenity products to go along with reading the book.
Sounds like a wonderful book! Thank you for sharing!