This page is under construction.
This policy is valid from 29 October 2012. Updated 13 May 2014.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Brooke Blogs – http://www.brookeblogs.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
-What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
-What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
-The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
-How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
-Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
-We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill giveaway wins.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website:
-See what data we have about you, if any.
-Change/correct any data we have about you.
-Have us delete any data we have about you.
-Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Information I Collect:
- If you leave a comment on this site, I collect your name, email address, and website address (if you fill this in). This information is only used to display your comment and allow for ease of future commenting.
- If you follow via email, I collect your name and email address. This is only used for the purpose of sending you newsletters with blog posts and updates.
- If you enter a giveaway, I collect your email address, name, IP address and social media information via Giveaway Tools, Gleam, Rafflecopter or Google Forms. This allows me to contact you if you are the winner. Information is not stored for any purpose beyond contacting the winner for the giveaway.
- If you contact me via my contact form, I collect your name, email address, and IP address. This information is only used to respond to your contact request.
- If you fill out a review request, I collect your name, email address, IP address, and any other information you fill in regarding your own websites, book information, social media information, etc. This information is only used to review and respond to your review request.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. If your comment requires a private response, I may reach out to you using the name and email address you provided.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
I use Google Analytics and Monster Insights to collect anonymous website usage data.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Product Review Policy:
I would love to review your product or service and blog about it. Here is a little more information about the members of my household: I am a plus-size, 31 year-old mama who loves reading, playing computer games/online games, surfing the internet, making cards, crafting, scrapbooking, blogging, and of course, spending time with my daughters and my boyfriend. I have my bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, and I am currently a stay at home mom. My boyfriend is 30 years old and likes music, playing the drums and sculpting. My 12 year old daughter loves reading, playing outside, playing computer and board games, playing with her iPod Touch, using her tablet, playing with dolls/toys and being creative through coloring, drawing, crafting and more. She enjoys participating in surveys/reviews as well. My 3 year old daughter is very active and loves playing with just about anything! I would love to review baby/toddler products with her, as well as toys or clothing. We have no dietary/medical restrictions. Please see my About Me page for additional information/social media links. I have been blogging since September 2012. Here are my current blog stats as of 06/20/2014:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BrookeBlogs (13.7k+ fans)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/xbrookeb28x (13,422+ followers)
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/xbrookeannex (5468+ followers)
Google+: https://plus.google.com/110606644891883354730/posts (1,630+ have me in circles)
Instagram: http://instagram.com/brookeblogs (1564+ followers)
Alexa Rank: 445,171
Alexa Rank in the US: 106,131
My numbers continue to grow every day!
- In order to provide an accurate review, I will need a full size product(s) sent to me at your expense (or full access to your website/application/game/etc.). The product(s) will not be returned to you.
- Once I receive the product, a review will usually be posted within 4-6 weeks. This allows accurate time for me and my family to use your product(s) and form an opinion. If you need a review posted sooner than that time frame, please contact me and we can always work something out!
- If I accept a book for review, please note that I have a very busy schedule, and reading a book takes time. I may not review all books that are received for review consideration.
- Your review will contain links to your website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. My readers are more likely to visit your site when there is a coupon code provided especially for readers of my site, or when there is a giveaway involved (more on that in a moment!)
- I strive to share products that I love and would actually use in my day-to-day life. It is my goal to review products that I would be happy to share with my readers through a positive review. If I feel that I cannot post a positive review about the product/service, I will contact you prior to posting the review to let you know and to see what we can do.
- Please provide me with any product information as well as contact information necessary when you contact me for a review, or when you send your product. If there are specific attributes you want my review to focus on, just let me know!
- The review will consist of a thorough product review covering attributes of the product, features, benefits, how to use it, etc. It will also include multiple photos of myself and/or my family utilizing the product.
- Reviews will be conducted for family friendly products. My blog is family and PR friendly. I reserve the right to turn down the opportunity to review your product if I feel it will not be a good fit for me or my family.
- I am open to reviewing clothing, electronics, food, toys, games, accessories, make-up, health and beauty products, beverages, just about anything! Contact me and let’s work something out.
- Book reviews will be considered. I am an avid reader and usually have my Kindle attached to me. 🙂 I am a host for a few different book tour blogs. Please contact me to discuss information about book reviews. I am focusing more on physical books and audio books rather than ebooks at this time, but please feel free to contact me and see!
- Product/service reviews accompanied by a giveaway are a wonderful opportunity to further engage my readers in your brand and products.
- Giveaways must be for full size product(s) that you will ship to the winner upon notification from me.
- The giveaway will be conducted using Rafflecopter/Giveaway tools and a winner will be randomly chosen from all eligible entries.
- The giveaway will include links to your website/social media sites/etc.
- Please let me know if you have any limitations with the giveaway (ie, will only ship to continental US, only for US and Canada, worldwide, etc.).
- The length of time for a giveaway can vary, but ones that run for at least a week are favored. This allows for more people to enter and be made aware of your brand and products.
- I will promote the giveaway on my blog, on Facebook and on Twitter several times throughout the length of the giveaway. I can also team up with other bloggers to provide additional fan bases to expose your brand to.
- Once the giveaway ends, I will use Rafflecopter/Random.org to select a random winner. I will make sure that their entries in the giveaway are valid. If they are not, I will select another random winner. Once I find an eligible winner, I will contact them via e-mail to obtain their information. They will have 48 hours to respond or they will forfeit the prize and another winner will be chosen.
- Upon receiving a response from the winner(s), I will forward the information to your contact person for fulfillment of the prize.
- Please be sure to ship the prize to the winner in a timely manner. This allows them to receive your product while it is still fresh in their minds, and is more likely to give them a positive opinion of your company.
For any questions, or to contact me for a review/giveaway, please e-mail me at the following address:
Brooke Bumgardner ; email@example.com
49,471 total views, 7 views today
I tried to check out the disclosure policy site, but it was filled with errors. Suggestions? Thanks!
Oh, I see that now, too. I haven’t found a replacement site, but maybe this one is just down for a bit. Here is a site I found with some additional disclosure information: http://pegfitzpatrick.com/disclosure-policies-for-bloggers/