Top 5 risk factors for sudden heart failure in student athletes:
1. Family history of sudden death.
2. Fainting or family history of fainting.
3. Family history of arrhythmias or heart muscle disease.
4. Participation in sports (particularly sports that require a burst of activity like basketball, hockey and football).
5. Athlete has gone through puberty (an athlete’s body is stronger at this point and has power during the burst of activity).
I am glad to bring such an important issue to my readers. Please RSVP for the chat by clicking HERE. You can attend the live chat right here on this post on Brooke Blogs! The chat takes place April 9th from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST with Jeffrey Towbin, MD and John Lynn Jefferies, MD. The chat is free to attend, and takes place in real-time, allowing you to ask questions and chat knowledgeable and experienced doctors.
384 total views, 3 views today