This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using my links, I will receive a small commission from the sale at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Brooke Blogs!
Nature breeds new life with the sign of Spring in the air in Leavensport, Ohio, and Jolie and Ava find their new families’ lives turned upside down! With properties in Leavensport beginning to sell, Nina Sanchez opened a bakery after purchasing the lot next to M&M’s Italian restaurant. She is new to town and swears to Ava and Jolie she has no connection to the Dominican Republic Sanchez mafia family. Yet, Ava is skeptical, and this sends Jolie and Ava off on yet another investigation looking at how organized crime connects to their little village and the politics that surround it.
Meanwhile, Nina Sanchez is not thrilled to feel obliged to cross-sell and become a full-fledged member of Leavensport, especially not with Jolie and Ava investigating her history. She has no choice when her son discovers a murdered homeless woman on the street on his way to deliver bread to the local shelter—it looks a lot like a mob hit and the reveal of who the homeless woman is will send all of Leavensport on alert making Jolie question the future of her town.
Welcome to Leavensport, Ohio, where DEATH takes a DELICIOUS turn!
Deep Fried Cookies
**Recipe taken from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/deep-fried-cookies/
• 18 (OR 1800—whatever amount works for you!) Oreo cookies
• Oil for deep-fat frying
• 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 cup 2% milk
• Confectioners’ sugar
• On each of eighteen 4-in. wooden skewers, thread one cookie, inserting pointed end of skewer into filling. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
• In a deep cast-iron skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Place biscuit mix in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine egg and milk; whisk into biscuit mix just until moistened.
• Holding skewer, dip cookie into biscuit mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
• Fry cookies, a few at a time, until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
About the Author
Moving into her second decade working in education, Jodi Rath has decided to begin a life of crime in her Cast Iron Skillet Mystery Series. Her passion for both mysteries and education led her to combine the two to create her business MYS ED, where she splits her time between working as an adjunct for Ohio teachers and creating mischief in her fictional writing. She currently resides in a small, cozy village in Ohio with her husband and her nine cats.
FB Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/authorjodirath
Monthly Newsletter Link: http://eepurl.com/dIfXdb – Get Short Story “Sweet Retreat” for free by subscribing to my monthly newsletter. Subscribe to my newsletter to receive free flash fiction, A Mystery a Month, serial scenes from series, and deleted scenes).
1,914 total views, 2 views today