This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using my links, I will receive a small commission from the sale at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Brooke Blogs!
On Tour with Prism Book Tours.
by Melinda Curtis
October 1st 2017 by Harlequin Heartwarming
Will he pass the daddy test?
With his job in jeopardy, it couldn’t be a worse time for Sheriff Nate Landry’s recent past to come back to haunt him. But it would take an army to stop SWAT team leader Julie Smith. The fellow cop—and sister of his ex-fiancée—wants one thing from the beleaguered lawman: custody of the toddler son that Nate didn’t know he had.
He may not be natural daddy material, but he quickly takes a shine to little Duke. And then there are the feelings Nate’s been hiding for years. Only now Julie’s running for sheriff of Harmony Valley—against him. Time to retreat? Not if he wants a future with the woman he loves.
5 Reasons to Date Your Local Sheriff by Melinda Curtis
I write small town romance. There is one consistent resident in every small town – the local sheriff. Let’s say you live in a small town with a sheriff and you’re single. Let’s say you have a dating pool of the butcher, the baker, or the sheriff. Who’re you gonna date? Here are five reasons to choose the sheriff.
1. All three men live to serve. The butcher and the baker provide good customer service. But only the sheriff swore an oath to serve and protect. He’s going to make sure you (and your future progeny) feel safe.
2. I’m going to assume that the butcher has skills at the grill, and possibly in the kitchen. But what about the rest of the time when you aren’t eating? What about those long road trips to see your parents or take your future kids to Disneyland? The sheriff is a trained professional when it comes to driving. Relax and enjoy the ride.
3. Now, the baker will always keep you stocked with yummy treats. He’ll make every birthday cake, all your holiday rolls, and those adorable Christmas cookies. If you choose the baker, I hope you like wearing stretchy pants, because you’ll be consuming a lot of high fat, high calorie treats. The sheriff is better for your waistline.
4. The butcher and the baker probably don’t work much overtime, and probably work more traditional day hours. Granted, a small town sheriff is on-call and works odd hours, but that leaves you plenty of time to yourself or with your girlfriends or shopping for that perfect pair of shoes.
5. The small town sheriff can be the heart of the town. He’s been to everyone’s house. He knows a lot of folks’ secrets. He can tell you who needs a helping hand and who needs a guiding hand. He’s been given and bequeathed a lot of interesting items (perhaps a pink wedding dress). Life will him will have purpose and be rewarding.
Convinced yet? If you don’t live in a small town (or even if you do), I’ve got a sheriff you can fall in love with.
My latest release, Support Your Local Sheriff, is a story about a man dedicated to keep the folks in his town safe. Nate Landry can work the grill, although he’s not much of a baker. And he’s been left a pink wedding dress by the former dress shop owner, an item he can’t bring himself to get rid of, but is convinced he’ll never use. Every woman in town from age two to seventy-two thinks he’s quite the catch, but Nate doesn’t feel worthy of any woman, most of all the woman he can’t stop loving.
Julie Smith wants one thing from Sheriff Nate – custody of the son he didn’t know he had. She’s not interested in dating Nate. And as a former SWAT team member, she doesn’t think she needs anyone. But Nate hasn’t always been a small town sheriff. He and Julie have more in common than she thinks. If only she’s willing to wear a pink wedding dress…
Other Books in the Series
USA Today and Amazon Bestselling Author, Melinda Curtis is the award winning author of contemporary romance that spans the sexy scale – from sweet romance to sweet romantic comedy (written under the Melinda Curtis brand) to fun, sexier romances (written under the Mel Curtis brand).
Melinda loves writing romances about women who don’t realize how strong they are until a hero comes along to show them, while simultaneously capturing the wry humorous power struggle of falling in love (because, really, who lets the man have the last word?).
– 1 winner will receive autographed copies of Time for Love, A Memory Away, A Man of Influence, and Marrying the Single Dad
– US Only. International will receive ecopies.
2,969 total views, 1 views today